Just got back from attending a Refresh Denver meeting held at the Illegal Grounds Coffee House. Met some interesting people (mostly web developers) who live in the Denver area. I was the only radical that came from Colorado Springs. Here are a few quick notes that I captured from the meeting:
- Technology: Microformats
- Speaker: Scott Reynen
- Related Technologies: RDF, OWL, GRDDL.
- The W3C is not necessarily in sync with Microformats.
- Operator - A Firefox plug-in that supports microformats.
- HTML 4.0 supports microformats.
- The WordPress Sandbox Theme uses microformats.
- NetNewsWire - A feed reader for the Mac that supports microformats.
It was a learning experience for me and I really enjoyed meeting everyone that attended. Would have liked to have spent more time with everyone and that might be possible in the future. It sounds like this type of event just got off the ground during May of this year (for Denver that is). I am looking forward to more events like this and would even be up for hosting something like this in the Colorado Springs area. If anyone is interested just leave a comment, otherwise try to attend the next Refresh Denver meeting.