Syndicated Feeds (RSS)
The following information is useful for developing your own Java software to handle RSS technology.
- Wikipedia - RSS (file format) - A complete description of the RSS file format including all version specifications.
- Wikipedia - Atom (file format) - A complete description of the Atom file format.
- ROME - The Java class library that provides API for reading and writing RSS feeds.
- W3 Schools RSS Tutorial.
- The Anatomy of an RSS Feed by Kris Hadlock.
- ROME in a Day: Parse and Publish Feeds in Java.
- Publisher’s Guide to RSS.
- John Panzer’s Best Practices.
- Feed Access Control.
- Namespaced Extensions in Feeds.
- The Blogapps Project - A RSS and Atom development kit written in Java.
- Feed Validator - Validates an RSS feed in almost all RSS versions.
- Yahoo! Pipes - Is basically a web based mashup that allows you to visually aggregate and assemble a new feed of your choice.
- PubSubHubBub - “A simple, open, web-hook-based pubsub protocol & open source reference implementation.”