This page is dedicated to information, tips, and tricks related to TextMate on the MacOS.
Tips and Tricks
- TextMate shortcuts you should be using.
- Trimming Trailing Spaces With Text Mate
- Don’t Leave the Editor
- Counting Iterators
- Declarations Continued
- Ruby on Rails File Navigation
- Showing hidden files in the project viewer
- Additional Bundles and Commands
- ProjectPlus - Extends the functionality of project-related feature. Following the link to learn more.
- Go To File - Enriches the default go to file TextMate functionality so that helps you narrow down what you are looking for faster.
- AckMate - Uses the Ack library to provide much faster searching over the default grep capabilities.
- GetBundles - Adds a convenient GUI interface for acquiring additional bundles. Follow the instructions below to install:
mkdir -p ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles
svn co http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Review/Bundles/GetBundles.tmbundle/
- osascript -e ‘tell app “TextMate” to reload bundles’
- Ruby Debug - Adds debugging capabilities within TextMate.
- RubyAMP - Another bundle that adds debug support.
- Rfactor - Adds Ruby refactoring support to TextMate. Learn more here.
- Rails Routes - Quickly navigate your named routes.
- Intellisense - Adds partial intellisense support for your Ruby code.
- 10 bundles/plugins to boost your Ruby on Rails development productivity