The following is a capture of camera and camcorder electronics as well as related accessories.
Tips & Tricks
- What Camera Should I Buy? – The Ultimate Answer.
- DIY Softbox from an umbrella - Step-by-step instructions.
- Canon PowerShot G9 - A 12MP semi-pro, compact camera with image stabilization and video support.
- Canon PowerShot SX120 IS - A compact 10mp semi-pro camera. Supports AVI video, image stabilization, several ISO settings and an aperture range of F2.8 - F4.3.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II - A 21.1 megapixel SLR camera that doubles as a camcorder that can capture full HD resolution movies (1080p at 30fps)!
- Sony HDR-SR12 - Captures 1920×1080 video at 60fps which can be increased to 240fps for high speed filming. Sports a 120GB hard drive with HDMI connections. Records 5.1 Dolby Digital sound with built-in microphone. Has a 12x optical zoom with a 150x digital zoom. Video is recorded at 5MP while still images can be captured at 10MP. Face-recognition and image stability is included.
- Canon HG10 - Captures 15 hours (roughly) of high-definition video on a 40 GB hard drive in AVCHD format. Sports a top-notch image stabilizer. The video format is hard to use with many image/video applications though.
- Canon Vixia HF10 - A smaller, cheeper version of the HG10 above. Captures HD video but can only hold 2 hours worth of data.
- Flip Video - Captures 640×480 video resolution at 30fps with storage up to 1GB. Comes with a built-in USB arm that can connect to Windows and Mac computers. The camcorder is available as a standard and ultra portable device that can be accessorized for underwater and other physical activites. Follow the link and check out some of the interesting features for quickly capturing and sharing video.
- Gitzo - Makers of high quality ball-heads and other tripod mounts.
- Acratech - Another manufacturer of professional ball-head and other tripod mounts.
- Formula MC - A good cleaner to have around for cleaning your lenses.