Welcome to the electronics page where you can learn about electronics in general or delve into specifics. General information is provided below while the sub-pages (see menu on the left) are dedicated to specific topics.
- Eton FR1000 VoiceLink - An AM/FM Radio that can pick up NOAA and TV-VHF signals. It is also self-powered, water-resistant, and can charge a cell phone.
- Inova X5 - Check out the X5 model and/or read this review.
- Greatland Laser Rescue Laser Flare (Magnum) - Operates on two AA batteries and lasts for 72 hours. Great for a camping/hiking or in the unfortunate event that you become stranded.
- MXL Condenser Microphones
- Samsung CO1U - A USB microphone recommended by podcasters that costs less than $100.
- Marshell MXL990 - Another mic that is great for podcasting.
- Shure Mics KSM27
- Shure SM58
- R0DE Podcaster - Another great recording mic. Used by CSS-Tricks. Check out the PSM1 Shockmount and a pop filter.
- Sienhieser MD46 - A higher quality mic.
- Ear Plugs - Custom molded for your ear for a low price.
- Ultrasone Edition 9 Headphones - Hand-made German headphones that don’t shoot sound directly into you ear but indirectly.
- Plantronics Pulsar 590E Bluetooth Headset
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 - An interesting pair of headphones that have noise canceling capabilities.
- SanDisk Cruzer Titanium - Supports up to 2GB of disk space complete with U3 compatible programs (including Skype, Firefox, and Thunderbird to name a few). Reviewed by Gizmodo.
- Transcend JetFlash - Sleek designs with data security and decent storage.
Portable Hard Drives
- Wester Digital Passport - A 160GB portable hard drive that supports USB 2.0. Power is supplied via the USB connection so there is no need for an additional power source.
- Pogoplug - $99. Connects an external hard drive to the internet for easy file sharing.
- Tonido Plug - $99. Connect to and manage your data from anywhere via this tiny Linux server.
- Breville BBL600XL - A stainless steel blender with a 750w motor, 54oz jar, and smart chip for adjusting blade speed to handle complicated and hard to blend items.
- Solar World - A DIY site for building equipment that uses solar energy.
- Brunton SolarRolls - Extremely compact and lightweight. Great for when you are on the road and only have the sun to recharge your batteries. Expensive to buy as prices range from $200 to $400.
- TED 5000 - Details how to install and set up this power monitor within your home.