I was attending the The Colorado Springs Web Design Meetup Group last night and a round table debate started on the basic things you need to know as an entrepreneur (for a primer, read my Business page). During these types of debates, I usually ask “what feeds are you subscribed to” or “what podcasts are you listening” to. When I get a puzzled look or the sound of silence from the crowd, I become concerned. For those hungry for more information, here are some good feeds/podcasts/pages to study in order to broaden your knowledge:
- Paul Graham - If you haven’t read any of this work, then time to start.
- Fred Wilson - A VC out of New York. Has lots of wisdom and shared experience worth paying attention to.
- Startups for the Rest of Us - A couple of entrepreneurs/developers who are sharing their start-up experiences (failures and successes). Perhaps on of the best I’ve listened to in some time.
- TechStars - Boulder, as they say, is the San Francisco of the Rockies. David Cohen, Brad Feld, and others are helping foster startups and seem to be doing a rather good job of it.
- TWiT - There are many shows here worth checking out, browse through and pick the ones that are of interest to you.
- The Dev Show - A good show if you just want to pick up a few good links, tips, news, etc. in a range of languages.
There are many others I could list but that is probably a good start. Again, read my business page for even more info.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.