We tasted a good portion of wines in attendance with many, unfortunately, being duds. That being said, we did find a few gems worth pointing out. Kate and I both recommend the following:
- Garfield Estates - The 2005 Vin de Glace ice wine was outstanding. My personal favorite.
- Concetta Cellars - The 2005 Cabernet Sauvignan was very good. We found ourselves attracted to this one a couple of times. Definitely, Kate’s personal favorite. I do not recommend the 2005 Syrah, though.
- Denver Wine - It was the Vinny No Neck that really stood out for us which is a Cabernet blend.
- Desert Moon Vineyards - The 2004 Altitude was an excellent Bordeaux blend especially with dark chocolate as they happened to have some around to go with the wine. Very tasty.
- Aspen Leaf Gourmet - If you love jerk sauces then you really must try the Wine Jerk and the hotter Tear Jerk (Warning: it sneaks up and kicks you in the…).
- Sweet and Saucy - The Wiskey Caramel is their best which, unfortunately, is not listed on their web site for some odd reason.
- Minnie Beasley’s - A hand made toffey-like cookie. Try the almond!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.